Monday, January 19, 2009

Lazy day at home

This is the first time in my life that I have been able to have Martin Luther King, Jr. day off with pay! Wowweee!

So, here I am on the couch having just awakened from a big fat nap. Oh, what a joy indeed! Earlier I watched Shoot 'Em Up! for the first time. What a ridiculously AWESOME action movie! It is so over the top that you just have to roll with it. Definitely made for guys. Chicks will get radiation burns from touching the remote if they watch this movie.

Speaking of chicks, me and Babydoll went to Reno this weekend to see our friends and just hang out. We had a great time as usual. Now I'm just a couch warmer.

I'm having a mad debate as to whether or not I should lay here and surf the net or go upstairs and paint my TYW figs and spacemen conversions. I should shower as I stink. I should also walk the dog, as I promised her I would. But all of that would mean I would need to get my lazy ass off of this sofa.

I just finished an awesome book by Eric Flint called 1632. My friend Roman turned me on to the series. I'm now starting a David Edding's book with Sparhawk that my brother Q turned me on to. I've been reading more fiction of late than probably ever before. I have too much real world shite in my head and I guess I need to balance it out.

I had a 45 second urge the other day to play D&D. It then soon passed. Wierd.

I'm having some angst over painting my Blue Moon Spacemen conversions. I decided to paint them in three different color groups and tie them together with their equipment harness and oxygen tank colors of a dark brushed metal. I went with Red for Command & Control, Blue for Sciences, and Dark Yellow/Gold for Engineering. Yes I lifted it straight from Star Trek, and I have no shame about it either. I'm in an artistic panic because I like my units to look uniform, and I don't take artistic chances ever! I mean ever!

Well, gonna go shower and walk the dog. Might even put on some clothes....

No comments:

Post a Comment