Well, as it would happen I have two concurrent projects running through my head, as though I didn't already have enough to do with work, writing Strike Force Commander, and spending time with my hot honey.
So, I ordered the 1644 ruleset from Foundry. I gave the old copy to WebOgre and this new updated version is simply tits. So, me and the boys are gonna give it a whirl and use our copious amounts of unpainted Testudo minis that are lying about. We dig the shizzle out of Thirty Years War. So we're testing different Figure to Base ratios to come up with something that looks awesome and still uses a format close to the basing standards set forth in the book.
What you see above is the ratio we'll be using. On each infantry base 20mmx20mm, we'll have two foot figs; or 4 for a 20x40mm base. On each 20mm wide x 40mm deep base will be one cavalry fig. Works for us.
Above that photo is my other obsession: Fallschirmjager in 28mm for Strike Force Commander games set in the Mediterranean theatre. I dig the scheissen out of Operation Husky and will be building some Sicily/Italy terrain in the near future.
What you see are some horrid photos I took as they got the first part of their splinter camo added today. I'm working on all 13 at the same time. A bit daunting, but at least the paint isn't wasted and the look is consistent.
Well, that's about it for today. I have worked out some wriggling details for SFC and am ready to start writing the Close Combat section. More to do, more to do....